Chrome’s latest version/update causes a serious issue with the “Notes” in CRM. So far, that’s the only area I’ve seen this in.
Existing text and new text is “invisible”.
Version 62.0.3202.62 – released on October 17th and rolled out over the past few days.
The text is only visible if you highlight it:
Otherwise, it’s invisible:
- Write all content for the “Notes” in Notepad (on your PC) and copy and paste in the “Note”
- This doesn’t help being able to read existing Notes, though.
- Use Internet Explorer
- Edit line 118 in Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\CRMWeb\_static\css\1033\notesv2.css.aspx from color #0000 to #000
- I did this is. It worked. After clearing my Chrome Cache, I was able to see Notes in black text.
- #000 is a Web-Safe Color of Black
- #000000 is a X11 Color of Black
Truthfully, I don’t know the impact of this change (beyond getting around this bug). If Chrome fixes/reverts whatever change they made, I’m not sure of the impact of changing the value of the font color. Might have to revert this change.